Skip to main content

Vacating or sealing juvenile court records

Learn how we can help you get a conviction from juvenile court vacated or sealed.

A criminal record can limit your ability to get a job, housing, or benefits. But under Washington law, some felony and misdemeanor convictions can be removed—or vacated—from your record. That means your conviction is no longer on publicly accessible background searches and that you can legally tell potential employers or landlords you have not been convicted of a crime.

Juvenile records can have long-lasting effects on a person’s life. So can the requirement that you register for a juvenile sex offense.

We can:

  • Help you get a record from juvenile court sealed.
  • Petition the court to lower the amount of money you owe.
  • Petition the court to remove your name from the registry for juvenile sex offenses.

Learn more on our Record Sealing flyer (544KB)

Call us at 206-296-7662 to see how we can help.

For information about vacating some felony drug possessions from your record under the State Supreme Court's Blake decision, click here.

We cannot help you get other misdemeanors or felonies removed from your record. In King County, here are some organizations who may be able to assist you:

  • The King County Bar Association's Records Project
  • Civil Survival
  • Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle